You are invited
Hours: **Yes, we are open!**
Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm.
Weekends/Holidays 9 am – 5 pm
There is no cost to visit the Forsyth Nature Center, but donations are gratefully accepted.
Please note for the safety of our animals and yours, pets are not permitted inside the Nature Center.
The Forsyth Nature Center is located off of Lucas Avenue and adjacent to Dietz Stadium Sports Complex in historic Uptown, Kingston, NY.
- Directions from the Kingston Thruway Traffic Circle: take the Washington Avenue Exit. Continue on Washington Avenue to the fourth light and turn right onto Lucas Avenue. Proceed through one stop sign and one stop light. Just after the light, make a right into Forsyth Park. Follow the access road to the right to the Nature Center.
- You can use “Forsyth Nature Center, Kingston, NY” for in-car navigation.
- The alternate entrance with handicapped parking can be accessed through the Dietz Stadium Complex.
A few things you should know…
- The FNC is a smoke-free facility
- Visitors 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult chaperone at all times
- Please respect and leave untouched the plants and gardens.
The FNC is open 365 days a year and the animals are on exhibit year round
Since its inception in 1936, the Forsyth Nature Center has been free and open to all and remains so to this day. Donations are always accepted to help support our mission and operation.
Parking is limited at the Lucas Avenue entrance. Additional handicapped accessible parking is available by entering through the Dietz Stadium complex.
There are no vending machines, concessions or drinking fountains in Forsyth Park. However, picnic areas are available. Feel free to bring your lunch or snacks and stay awhile!
The FNC is unique in that we do allow visitors to bring fruit and vegetables for the animals to consume. Each animal has a special sign listing favorite foods. You can’t go wrong with carrots, apples, lettuce/ spinach/ greens, and plain popcorn!
Yes, you can bring a stroller. The park grounds and Nature Center are wheelchair accessible.
While pets are allowed in Forsyth Park, they ARE NOT PERMITTED in the Nature Center. Service animals are permitted but must remain properly leashed at all times.
There are bathrooms in Forsyth Park. Solar powered composting toilets are just 300 feet from the main entrance to the Nature Center. Note: There is no running water or drinking fountains in the park.
The FNC has a group visitation policy. For groups larger than twelve, we ask that you register ahead of time by calling the Environmental Educator at 845-481-7336.
To learn more about special event options, please contact the FNC caretaker at 845-339-3053.
Contact licensed Animal Rehabilitator Annie Mardiney email@example.com 845-658-3467, cell 845-943-8098
Friends of Forsyth Nature Center
P.O. Box 3923
Kingston N.Y. 12402
Forsyth Nature Center Caretaker, Mark DeDea
Kingston City Environmental Education and Sustainability Coordinator,
Environmental Educator, KC Keegan-Twombly
Use your mobile device to access our audio tour. Learn interesting facts and stories about the exhibits as you tour the Nature Center.